Epocrates is one of the most famous medical app for android mobile phone. Latest Update of Epocrates is 15.2.1 which is released on March 10, 2015. Here we have Epocrates 15.2.1 apk file download with latest update. Epocrates is a free drug reference with brand, generic, and OTC medicines, drug interaction check and pill ID. Epocrates Rx for Android also includes a number of extra features designed specifically for Android devices. If You are medical student or practicing medical field than you must try epocrates medical app for android. Here we have latest epocrates apk 15.2.1 market app for android with user ratings.
More than 1 million active members, including 50% of U.S. physicians, rely on Epocrates to enable better patient care by delivering the right information, right when it’s needed.
Healthcare professionals worldwide use Epocrates routinely to:
- NEW: Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
- Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
- Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
- Select national and regional healthcare insurance formularies for drug coverage information
- Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
- Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
- Access timely medical news and research information
Our free drug reference is the #1 mobile drug reference for U.S. physicians. With it, you can search brand, generic, and OTC medicines.
Identify a pill based on physical characteristics (i.e., color, shape) and/or imprint code.
- Select characteristics to view drug names and images
- Tap on a drug image to enlarge the picture
Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions between up to 30 drugs at a time including brand, generic, and OTC drugs. Potential interactions are organized by category to help you determine the appropriate action.
Our interaction logic goes beyond prescribing information to incorporate research that factors attributes such as inhibition potency, substrate exclusivity, and therapeutic index to determine clinical significance.
Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs:
- Adult and pediatric dosing for FDA-approved and off-label indications.
- Black box warnings, adverse reactions, drug interactions, and more.
- National and regional healthcare insurance formularies.
- Direct access to many manufacturers by phone or email for answers to your critical prescribing questions.
- Approximate retail drug pricing for patients paying out-of-pocket.
- Pregnancy risk categories, lactation safety ratings, monitoring parameters and therapeutic drug levels.
- DEA/FDA status
- Metabolism, excretion, drug class, and mechanism of action
EssentialPoints activities are interactive product details, designed to keep you current on medical topics such as disease states, therapeutic areas, and treatment options.
Contact Manufacturer connects you directly to the drug manufacturer for product-related questions, to report adverse events, or to learn about patient assistance programs.
Formularies are designed to give you access to national and regional healthcare insurance formularies so you can save time, improve quality care, and reduce the administrative burden.
- Android OS
- Android phone with a firmware version of 1.6 and higher (Note: Android OS 3 is not supported).
- Minimum available memory
- 2.1MB* of main memory + 50MB** on the memory card.
- *An additional 20-30 MB is required each time you update your clinical content.
- **An additional 20K will be needed for each health plan formulary.
- Important Notes : Wireless connection to download, sync and update.
If you’re a medical student, pharmacist or doctor, you might find the Epocrates app for your Android phone to be a very helpful medical reference guide. There are a lot of drugs out there, which means medical professionals have a lot of information to keep track of. Epocrates contains tons of info about prescription and over-the-counter drugs, including proper dosage, the effects when combined with other drugs, possible side-effects and contraindications (the factors that increase risks).
The app also includes many useful medical calculators, such as those for body mass index), short-term recall and basal energy expenditure (used to determine a person’s caloric needs). Epocrates also comes with images of most generic and proprietary pills available on the market. Click on any one of these images, and you can read more about a pill’s dosage information, generic name and any other details.
By having a simple means to identify a pill, this could be a great way for EMTs, nurses and doctors to identify the pills that have been taken by a patient who’s overdosed. You simply identify the pill by matching a number of different variables, such as color, shape and markings. Epocrates will then list photos with pill names, and the option to learn more about the drug. This photo feature could also prove helpful when trying to communicate with patients who speak another language.
There also are medications in Epocrates’ database that are intended for treating animals, which means veterinarians could find a use for this app, which obviously is intended for all kinds of medical professionals (and, perhaps, some very curious consumers). It’s a quick reference guide, but I should still probably err on the side of safety, and note that Epocrates is not a doctor replacement. It’s hard to gauge just how helpful this app really is, because I’m not a medical professional. However, it’s clear that there is a ton of information on Epocrates, all of which seems very easy to search. Because of that, I think it’s safe to say that this app has achieved what it set out to do.
If any APK download infringes your copyright, please contact us, We'll delete it any way.