The latest version of Marvel Puzzle Quest 58.220701 is updated on July 29, 2014. Nobody can escape from the ruling Candycrushsaganess, and regrettably someone in Marvel thought it was a good idea to create a jewel blasting game spoiling their own superheroes and villains. MPQDR, is an average match 3 game assorted with artwork. However, this game flounders in all areas, and the addition of so well-known characters hinders more than helps. Animations are poor even for a so casual game, and we’re talking about animations of bubbles falling and popping off. The absolute lack of options anywhere and the boring game mechanics make it worse than many similar games that don’t have Marvel’s back up.
A game titled Marvel Puzzle Quest has a lot to live to up to. Not for the Marvel part, but instead due to the deserved respect and love that Puzzle Quest received for successfully creating a hybrid RPG/Bejeweled-style match-three game. Marvel Puzzle Quest has taken the idea of a puzzle game with with a strategic/role-playing element overlay, and turned it into an intricately crafted, remarkably deep experience. In Marvel Puzzle Quest, you control three superheroes who fight against up to three other supervillains/heroes (or goons, in some of the plot missions). When matched, the six colors ofgems on the board grant energy that can be used for special moves, like purple matches helping Hawkeye use “Take Aim,” a skill that ensures a critical hit. Every match also serves as an attack, but the amount of damage depends on individual characters’ affinity with the color – which also gives combo attacks a nice superhero fight feel to them, where Iron Man lands a punch and then Black Widow jumps in. Meanwhile, skills that offer buffs to defense/strength, or do damage over time, manifest as changes to tiles on the board, which can be matched and eliminated. Thus, the board becomes amazingly tactical – there are up to half a dozen potential considerations beyond “best match” at any given point.
These considerations also make each of the characters, and their combinations, much more interesting. The initial three demonstrate how – Storm has powerful skills, Hawkeye can clean up the board, and Iron Man does high damage and has a lot of hit points, making him a great tank (and who could have even expected a match-three game where having a tank is relevant?). Acquiring more characters and seeing how they work together adds another layer of experimentation, and becomes necessary especially while team members are healing over time. Marvel Puzzle Quest’s strategic layer is just as intricately interconnected as its combat. There are two main modes, story and an asynchronous multiplayer, where you fight against other players’ teams being controlled by the AI (the multiplayer must also be the reason that it’s always-online). The story is a bare-bones affair, about a powerful new substance called Iso-8 and Norman Osborn’s attempts to supplant S.H.I.E.L.D, while there are also a cycling group of multiplayer tournaments to join. These are interconnected like everything else in Marvel Puzzle Quest: you play a few story missions to unlock skills for characters, then play a few multiplayer battles to get the game currency to gain levels for them. This combination of different game modes, ways to upgrade, and forms of currency all fits in with the monetization strategy of the free-to-play Marvel Puzzle Quest. If you’re careful about spending your currency, you can play entirely free, although there can be a bit too much repetitive grinding when redoing plot missions. Spending money may be unnecessary, but its time advantages are readily apparent.
- FREE TO PLAY
- Assemble the ultimate team from your favorite Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains such as Captain America, Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, Loki, Punisher, Black Widow, Venom, and much more!
- Harness the power of Iso-8 to upgrade your team and collect comics to unlock new characters and abilities.
- Introducing new characters from the Marvel Universe and continually expanding game features!
- Brand new tournaments and events are launched each month to offer players fresh gameplay to explore.
- Unmatched strategy and depth! Embark on a journey of a global scale and unleash your strength and wits with your favorite Marvel characters to outsmart and defeat your opponents.
- Build Alliances among your friends and compete against rival Alliances.
- Snag the top rank in Tournaments, Alliances, and Season Play for new character rewards and other prizes!
- Stop Norman Osborn and his worldwide terror spree and watch the story unravel as different forces such as the X-Men, S.H.I.E.L.D. and H.A.M.M.E.R. (Dark Avengers) compete for resources and influence.
- Be a part of the Marvel Universe in an epic story written by Marvel veterans Frank Tieri (Iron Man, Wolverine, Weapon X) and Alex Irvine (Iron Man: The Rapture, Daredevil Noir) based on the Dark Reign storyline, a monumental narrative in Marvel history.
- Deadpool is coming!
- New Feature: Team-Ups – Use abilities from characters that aren’t on your team. Team-Up tiles replace environment tiles.
- Dark Reign removed from title, future story will go outside of Dark Reign
- Added distinction between Alliance and Personal rewards
- Fixed display issues on devices such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
- Following abilities now use the new Team-Up function
- Black Panther – Battleplan
- Daredevil – Radar Sense
- Storm (Modern) and (Gold) – Mistress of the Elements
If any APK download infringes your copyright, please contact us, We'll delete it any way.